1. Projects for the restructuring of rural land holdings.
2. Projects for the use of uncultivated land or semi-natural areas for intensive agricultural purposes.
3. Water management projects for agriculture, including irrigation and land drainage projects.
4. Intensive livestock installations (including poultry).
5. Initial afforestation and deforestation for the purposes of conversion to another type of land use.
6. Intensive fish farming.
7. Nuclear power stations and other nuclear reactors including the dismantling or decommissioning of such power stations or reactors (except research installations for the production and conversion of fissionable and fertile materials whose maximum power does not exceed 1 kilowatt continuous thermal load), as far as not included in annex I.
8. Construction of overhead electrical power lines with a voltage of 220 kilovolts or more and a length of 15 kilometres or more and other projects for the transmission of electrical energy by overhead cables.
9. Industrial installations for the production of electricity, steam and hot water.
10. Industrial installations for carrying gas, steam and hot water.
11. Surface storage of fossil fuels and natural gas.
12. Underground storage of combustible gases.
13. Industrial briquetting of coal and lignite.
14. Installations for hydroelectric energy production.
15. Installations for the harnessing of wind power for energy production (wind farms).
16. Installations, as far as not included in annex I, designed:
– For the production or enrichment of nuclear fuel;
– For the processing of irradiated nuclear fuel;
– For the final disposal of irradiated nuclear fuel;
– Solely for the final disposal of radioactive waste;
– Solely for the storage (planned for more than 10 years) of irradiated nuclear fuels in a different site than the production site; or
– For the processing and storage of radioactive waste.
17. Quarries, open cast mining and peat extraction, as far as not included in annex I.
18. Underground mining, as far as not included in annex I.
19. Extraction of minerals by marine or fluvial dredging.
20. Deep drillings (in particular geothermal drilling, drilling for the storage of nuclear waste material, drilling for water supplies), with the exception of drillings for investigating the stability of the soil.
21. Surface industrial installations for the extraction of coal, petroleum, natural gas and ores, as well as bituminous shale.
22. Integrated works for the initial smelting of cast iron and steel, as far as not included in annex I.
23. Installations for the production of pig iron or steel (primary or secondary fusion) including continuous casting.
24. Installations for the processing of ferrous metals (hot-rolling mills, smitheries with hammers, application of protective fused metal coats).
25. Ferrous metal foundries.
26. Installations for the production of non-ferrous crude metals from ore, concentrates or secondary raw materials by metallurgical, chemical or electrolytic processes, as far as not included in annex I.
27. Installations for the smelting, including the alloyage, of non-ferrous metals excluding precious metals, including recovered products (refining, foundry casting, etc.), as far as not included in annex I.
28. Installations for surface treatment of metals and plastic materials using an electrolytic or chemical process.
29. Manufacture and assembly of motor vehicles and manufacture of motorvehicle engines.
31. Installations for the construction and repair of aircraft.
32. Manufacture of railway equipment.
33. Swaging by explosives.
34. Installations for the roasting and sintering of metallic ores.
35. Coke ovens (dry coal distillation).
36. Installations for the manufacture of cement.
37. Installations for the manufacture of glass including glass fibre.
38. Installations for smelting mineral substances including the production of mineral fibres.
39. Manufacture of ceramic products by burning, in particular roofing tiles, ricks, refractory bricks, tiles, stoneware or porcelain.
40. Installations for the production of chemicals or treatment of intermediate products, as far as not included in annex I.
41. Production of pesticides and pharmaceutical products, paint and varnishes, elastomers and peroxides.
42. Installations for the storage of petroleum, petrochemical, or chemical products, as far as not included in annex I.
43. Manufacture of vegetable and animal oils and fats.
44. Packing and canning of animal and vegetable products.
45. Manufacture of dairy products.
46. Brewing and malting.
47. Confectionery and syrup manufacture.
48. Installations for the slaughter of animals.
49. Industrial starch manufacturing installations.
50. Fish-meal and fish-oil factories.
51. Sugar factories.
52. Industrial plants for the production of pulp, paper and board, as far as not included in annex I.
53. Plants for the pre treatment or dyeing of fibres or textiles.
54. Plants for the tanning of hides and skins.
55. Cellulose-processing and production installations.
56. Manufacture and treatment of elastomer-based products.
57. Installations for the manufacture of artificial mineral fibres.
58. Installations for the recovery or destruction of explosive substances.
59. Installations for the production of asbestos and the manufacture of asbestos products, as far as not included in annex I.
60. Knackers' yards.
61. Test benches for engines, turbines or reactors.
62. Permanent racing and test tracks for motorized vehicles.
63. Pipelines for transport of gas or oil, as far as not included in annex I.
64. Pipelines for transport of chemicals with a diameter of more than 800 mm and a length of more than 40 km.
65. Construction of railways and intermodal transhipment facilities, and of intermodal terminals, as far as not included in annex I.
66. Construction of tramways, elevated and underground railways, suspended lines or similar lines of a particular type used exclusively or mainly for passenger transport.
67. Construction of roads, including realignment and/or widening of any existing road, as far as not included in annex I.
68. Construction of harbours and port installations, including fishing harbours, as far as not included in annex I.
69. Construction of inland waterways and ports for inland-waterway traffic, as far as not included in annex I.
70. Trading ports, piers for loading and unloading connected to land and outside ports, as far as not included in annex I.
71. Canalization and flood-relief works.
72. Construction of airports and airfields, as far as not included in annex I.
73. Waste-disposal installations (including landfill), as far as not included in annex I.
74. Installations for the incineration or chemical treatment of non-hazardous waste.
75. Storage of scrap iron, including scrap vehicles.
76. Sludge deposition sites.
77. Groundwater abstraction or artificial groundwater recharge, as far as not included in annex I.
78. Works for the transfer of water resources between river basins.
79. Waste-water treatment plants.
80. Dams and other installations designed for the holding-back or for the long-term or permanent storage of water, as far as not included in annex I.
81. Coastal work to combat erosion and maritime works capable of altering the coast through the construction, for example, of dykes, moles, jetties and other sea defence works, excluding the maintenance and reconstruction of such works.
82. Installations of long-distance aqueducts.
83. Ski runs, ski lifts and cable cars and associated developments.
85. Holiday villages and hotel complexes outside urban areas and associated developments.
86. Permanent campsites and caravan sites.
87. Theme parks.
88. Industrial estate development projects.
89. Urban development projects, including the construction of shopping centres and car parks.
90. Reclamation of land from the sea.